Well, it’s been an awfully long time since my last blog... TWO YEARS. 

We’ve witnessed Brexit, the sad demise of many, many great artists, Donald Trump became the President of America, we discovered David Cameron REALLY LOVED PORK, and I bought some new shoes... oh, and a dog.

SINCE MY LAST BLOG... Middlesbrough Football Club missed out on promotion after losing in the Play-Off Final. The following season WE DID IT... we achieved promotion to England’s top flight after a seven year absence… and, after 12 months of utter shit with the occasional glimmer of hope, have gone straight back fucking down to the England’s Second Tier. Oh, the joys of being a Boro supporter. I find it difficult to say anything derogatory about our chairman Steve Gibson but you have to ask yourself what he was thinking this season. For months it was clear which direction we were headed but it took until March before Karanka was finally relieved of his duties. Still, there may have been just enough time to bring in someone who would take each player by the scruff of the neck and demand improvement… but no, we replace Karanka with his Number 2 (quite appropriately named, really), who continued from where Karanka left us. For me, this showed a great lack of ambition. It felt as if we couldn’t really be bothered fighting for our Premiership survival. If that was the plan, the season has been a triumph. I still have hopes for next season (we Boro fans are optimistic, if nothing else). We need explanations from the chairman. We need to hear that mistakes have been acknowledged and will be rectified. We need to hear that we will fight with every ounce of strength within us to gain promotion next season. Despite the disappointment, I’ve no doubt next season will be much more exciting, playing for something and winning games in the Championship rather than being Premiership fodder for the big teams while hoping we’ll win just enough games against the lesser teams to keep us out of trouble. I’m sure we will all be brimming with renewed belief and enthusiasm come August. COME ON, BORO.

SINCE MY LAST BLOG...  The fucking Tories somehow managed to win the 2015 General Election and stay in Government. How, I'll never know. They have continued to rip the heart out of the country by ravaging the poor, rewarding the rich and gradually dismantling the NHS, even without the aid of Pig-Poker Cameron. At least we have a glimmer of hope with the snap General Election coming up. I say glimmer as I never thought that the Tories would stay in power two years ago but they did. I sometimes despair with just how gullible people can be and the devious British Press and Television Media are hell bent on keeping Cruella de Vil in charge of our downfall. I continue to be utterly bewildered by the British public. Only the other day I witnessed a member of said public being interviewed by our wonderful (oh, such wonderful, neutral and well-balanced) media who, like many, expressed his worry about what the Tory Government is doing to this Country but declared that he will NOT be voting for Labour because Jeremy Corbyn looks “scruffy”. Yes, us British can tolerate the homeless, starving families and the possibility of paying through the nose to see a Doctor but we will never tolerate a corduroy blazer. I assume that if given the choice between Adolf Hitler and Jesus Christ running the country, Hitler would have won hands down. Yes, he may have been a twisted, evil dictator who was responsible for the senseless deaths of millions but at least he didn’t wear a robe, have long hair and a beard. I hope that common sense will prevail but I won’t be betting my house on it. Whatever happens, somehow, someway, we’ll cope. No one can drag you down unless you let them. In fact, these days I find I have to distance myself from it all (despite this rant). It’s too easy to read headlines and social media posts and work yourself up to bursting point without knowing the full facts… DEEP BREATH…

And finally to what my blogs are supposed to be all about… the music. SINCE MY LAST BLOG...  I finally released my album 'Rise' last year. It may have been five years in the making but it's the album I'm most proud of. It received some great reviews and it's my most professional release to date. 




I know I’ve mentioned recording more videos for tracks from the album  and I still plan to film these, sooner rather than later. In the meantime, here is 'Wake Up Call', the first video released from the album and featuring a cast of... ooh... erm... 'bout half a dozen, including my son Harry and daughter Lily. Take a look...




I also released a brand new website...


Although I appear to have been a little quiet on the music scene since the video release, that hasn’t quite been the case. I have been going through somewhat of a purple patch with songwriting at the moment. I always try to write just over an album’s worth of material before planning to record a new album and then record the strongest of the bunch. However, since the start of 2017 I have now written no fewer than 26 brand new songs. In fact, I’ve had to stop myself writing more. I still had lyrics or chords flowing out of of me but did feel I was starting to repeat myself. As for the new material, it’s by far the most upbeat and optimistic music I’ve ever written. My aim is to get some better recording gear together before I start the process laying tracks down. Hopefully recording will begin later in the year with a view to releasing a new album in 2018.

Meanwhile, you can buy ‘Rise’ from all good download stores or purchase CDs of the album from my website.


You can also catch me at The Looking Glass in Stockton-On-Tees on Sunday August 27th (performance time to be confirmed).

Thanks for reading and buy for now.

Carl.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Short And Sweet...